What's Happening at WhitneyWhitney Staff is working diligently on plans for re-opening the center in phases and we will keep members informed of actual opening dates once they are confirmed. As we continue to work on our plans we will continue to inform you through the weekly newsletter.
The first phase of opening will be for the fitness classes, fitness center and woodshop members. This is a work in progress so please be patient as we get the classes and registration process worked out. The classes are subject to change that are listed on the site.
For future reference here are the steps to pre-register for a class and to check out calendar of other events as they get added:
Pre-registration for any in-person
classes is available at https://schedulesplus.com/whitney/kiosk/
Note in the future there will be a new registration process for the virtual fitness classes starting in September. If you have questions about the system, please call Paula directly at 320-255-7265 or send an email
. When you reach the SchedulePlus kiosk choose log in
- Enter your telephone number
- Select your name
- Choose site calendar
- Click on the arrow > to go to the August Calendar (You will see all of our activities
- If you hover over the event it will tell you the availability
- Click on the event/day you wish to attend and Register/Add to My Cart, you can continue to register for additional days & times (once you check-out you are registered for the date or dates that you selected)
- Or you call WSC Front Desk at 320-255-7245 to register if you do not have access to a computer.
Please note that
What can you expect in the beginning phases:
- There will be no drop-in's into the Whitney Senior Center in the first phases of opening.
- Members will need to register for times to come in for classes, coffee & conversation, fitness center, etc.
- Members will be welcomed at one designated entranced and go through the screening questions.
- Members will check in and out of the building.
- Mask policy will be enforced and required
- Whitney Senior Center will follow the most current COVID CDC requirements and guidance.
- In-person classes, presentations, etc will begin in September and details will be published in the next Whitney Times and through the weekly newsletters.
- The next Whitney Times will be coming out on Saturday, August 29th.
- Zoom presentations and classes will continue to be offered for those that are not comfortable with coming in-person.
- Sorry no card playing at this time until a safe plan can be put into place. However, if your group wants to meet to socialize, feel free to schedule a time by emailing Paula
Most of all - the Whitney Senior Center staff is excited to start seeing and welcoming you back into the building.
**Please note - there will not be Pilates on Monday, August 3rd - see you on Friday on Zoom.
Please continue to take advantage of the Senior Friendship Circles
and the many opportunities to connect with us virtually.
If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to call. We are staffed Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30.Senior Friendship Circle Leader–
Senior Friendship Circle volunteers are greatly needed to lead a small group by initiating a weekly phone chat! RSVP is currently organizing small groups of 3-4 individuals, in the Greater St. Cloud Area to gather via phone conference calling for weekly visits. The volunteer will schedule and initiate weekly phone visits with their group using their own phone conference calling feature (conference calling can be done through land-lines or smart phones - instructions provided). Volunteers may lead conversations related to the interest of the group, discuss current events, have a movie or book discussion, or simply check in to say hello. Seeking volunteers with an interest in meeting weekly with a small group of seniors to cultivate friendships and stimulate conversations.
We are still collecting masks. We are also distributing the masks - one per person. If you are in need of a mask, please give us a call.
If you are looking for a way to put your time and talents to good use we are looking for community members willing to make and donate cloth masks for at risk community members. In partnership with other Human Service organizations we are asking you to consider helping with this important task. The link below from the CDC indicates how masks are used and beneficial. It also shows a number of patterns for making masks. Completed masks can be dropped off at Whitney Senior Center West Door (1527 Northway Drive, St. Cloud) in the covered bin marked MASKS. The bin will be available Monday-Friday 8-4:30p.m. Please give us a call if you are willing to help with this project. We can be reached at 320-255-7245. We could use more masks for men if you are willing and still making.
Senior Dining Frozen Meal Distribution Monday-Wednesday 11:00 am -12:30pm
Wonderful frozen meals are available for curbside pick-up from 11a.m.-12:30p.m. each Monday-Wednesday from the East Wing Parking lot of Whitney Senior Center. These nutritious meals are prepared by Catholic Charities and made available each week. To register and/or reserve meals call 320-229-4584.