St. Cloud Ordinance 680:05 requires property owners to clear public sidewalks of snow and ice within 24 hours after the end of a snowfall. This is necessary to ensure the safety of people using the sidewalks.
- Shovel the full width of the sidewalk on all sides of your property.
- Remove ice to bare pavement. Treat with salt or sand, if needed.
- If you have corner property, clear curb cuts at corners and crosswalks to the street gutter to facilitate handicap accessibility.
- Pile snow into your yard and boulevard. It’s against the law to shovel snow into the street or alley.
- Make arrangements for someone to take over while you are away.
Failure to comply may result in snow and ice removal by the City. Property owners will be billed for this service.