Steps to Handling Stray Animals
- If you are able to safely approach the animal, attempt to contain it in a safe manner (fenced area, garage, rope, leash, ect.). Then contact Animal Control.
- If you are unable to safely contain the animal, contact Animal Control with the following information.
- Description of the animal
- Address where the animal was last seen
- What direction the animal is heading
- Leave wildlife alone.
The City of St. Cloud does not trap feral cats in the city. If you wish to livetrap the cats yourself, traps can often be rented for a small fee from local animal shelters or purchased. If you live trap a cat, contact Animal Control and we can come pick it up and deliver it to our animal shelter
. You may also use the services of a professional trapper