Minnesota State Building Codes
Minnesota State Building Code
By law, the City of St. Cloud is required to enforce the Minnesota State Building Code. Local amendments/variances of the Minnesota State Building Codes are not allowed by law. The codes are adopted by the City of St. Cloud by Ordinance Chapter III, section 300 (PDF).
Current Code Editions
- 2020 Minnesota State Building Code (MSBC) (2018 International Building Code (IBC) with Minnesota Amendments for Commercial Buildings)
- 2020 Minnesota Residential Code (MSRC) (2018 International Residential Code (IRC) with Minnesota Amendments for Residential Buildings)
- 2020 MN Accessibility Code (MN Rules Chapter 1341) (2012 IBC, ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009, and Minnesota Amendments)
- 2015 MN Residential Energy Code (MN Rules Chapter 1322)
- 2020 MN Commercial Energy Code (MN Rules Chapter 1323 - 2012 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), with Minnesota Amendments, and optional ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2010)
- 2020 Minnesota State Fire Code (MSFC) (2012 International Fire Code (IFC) with Minnesota Amendments)
- 2015 Minnesota Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code (2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC) and 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) with Minnesota Amendments)
- 2015 MN State Plumbing Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- City of St. Cloud Land Development Code
The 2020 Minnesota State Codes (Building, Accessibility , Fire) and 2020 Commercial Energy Code will go into effect March 31st, 2020, they are based on the 2018 ICC Codes with Minnesota Amendments.
The 2015 Minnesota Residential Energy Code will remain in effect.
The 2020 MN Mechanical and Fuel Gas Code will go into effect on April 6, 2020. It is based on the 2018 ICC Codes with Minnesota Amendments.
The 2020 National Electrical Code adoption has been delayed. The public hearing for this code is scheduled for August 19, 2020. The 2017 will remain in effect until the adoption date is complete.
The adoption of the 2020 MN State Plumbing Code is scheduled for Spring 2021.