- You Are Here:
- Departments A-L
- Health & Inspections
Health & Inspections
The mission of the Health & Inspections Department is to preserve and revitalize the health & safety of the community through education, inspections and reasonable enforcement of the city’s animal control, environmental health, housing, zoning and other applicable codes.
Revitalize and promote safe, clean and attractive neighborhoods and housing to create desirable places to live.
Prevent the spread of infectious diseases through enforcement intervention of applicable health and animal control laws.
Improve consistency, effectiveness and prioritization of property inspections.
Educate and engage the community through events, media, city publications and personal contact with the public.
Collaborate with other city departments and outside agencies to utilize tools, programs and resources to enhance the quality and cost-effective services of the city.
Provide high quality customer service.
We provide proactive and complaint-based inspection and enforcement in the following areas:
- Animal control (Ordinance Section 1040)
- Food and Beverage (Ordinance Section 440)
- Lodging, Hotels, Motels, Bed and Breakfast Facilities (Ordinance Section 441)
- Long grass and weeds (Ordinance Section 680)
- Massage facilities (Ordinance Section 447)
- Nuisances (Ordinance Section 1005)
- Public swimming pools (Ordinance Section 470)
- Rental housing (Ordinance Section 445)
- Zoning (Land Development Code)
To receive free email or text message reminders on ordinance changes or payment due reminders use the Notify Me button on the left column of this page to sign up for free animal control, food / beverage / lodging and rental housing reminders. Need a copy of an inspection report? Please fill out a data request form and our staff will promptly respond to your request.