Thank you for your interest in working for the City of St. Cloud! It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to provide the most qualified, best trained personnel to staff various city positions. That's where you come in - we have great opportunities for you to join our team!
The City of St. Cloud hires regular employees under a civil service system. We also hire employees to fill temporary, seasonal positions which are not governed by civil service system. You may apply for either regular or temporary positions when they are being advertised.
1. View the current employment opportunities page for available full time positions
2. Follow the instructions to apply for a position
3. Complete your application completely and accurately
1. We carefully review each application
2. We award veteran's preference if applicable.
3. We may require civil service exams and a pre-employment assessment screening, which may include physical, psychological, or knowledge, skills and abilities tests to help identify a candidate's individual capabilities.
4. Top candidates will proceed to one or more interviews
You must check the email account you provided with your application for updates regarding your status in the selection process. If you fail to respond or not show up to a civil service exam, you may be removed from consideration.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include any combination of the following:
- Criminal history check
- Driving record check
- Verification of employment history, education and references
- Physical examination/Fitness evaluations
- Drug test
- Credit check
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact Human Resources.
The city of St. Cloud Human Resources Department makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website. The Human Resources Department is not responsible for failure of other agencies, internet service providers, or postal services to forward applications or notification by the deadline.