Becoming a Firefighter
Recruitment Now Closed Applications were accepted through Tuesday, April 10th, 2018.
Applicant Information Night - March 29th, 2018 from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Meet with Human Resources and Fire Department personnel to ensure all required items for application are correct
- Learn more about pay and benefits
- Visit with current firefighters and tour the downtown station #1
- This information night is optional and not required. Applicants may stop in any time between 3:00 - 7:00 pm. No appointments are needed.
- Firefighter I & II Certificate (Must attend in a class setting)
- Current IFSAC Firefighter II Certificate
- MN Certified Medical First Responder, at minimum
- Must hold a valid MN Driver's license or be able to obtain one
- Sample documents of minimum requirements
How to Apply
- Fire Department Application. Failure to provide the data and documentation required in the supplemental application will result in rejection of the application.
- Phase I of the applicant screening process will consist of an education and experience review. The candidates with the highest scores on that list shall proceed to Phase II. Phase II of the applicant screening process consists of a scored panel interview.
- When a job offer is extended, the candidate will need to successfully pass a psychological evaluation, a back assessment, physical, drug exam, a fitness evaluation, thorough background investigation and physical agility test.
- Candidates will be notified on April 18th on the status of their applications. Tentatively, interviews are scheduled for April 23, 24 and 26th.