Road Construction Projects
Every year the City of St. Cloud adopts a Capital Improvements Program to identify potential future projects.
A year prior to proposed construction in a neighborhood, the city holds an informal public informational meeting. The Engineering Department staff provides an overview of the proposed improvements. The residents have an opportunity to ask questions and provide their input regarding the need for the improvements, the scope of the project or raise a particular point of concern. After receiving the feedback from residents at the informational meeting, Engineering staff prepares a report and cost estimate for the project and forwards this to the City Council for their review. The City Council then schedules a public hearing to consider the merits of the proposed improvements.
Current Projects - 2018
The following projects have been ordered by the City Council to be accomplished in 2018.
- 33rd Street South Improvements
- Central Park/Pan Addition Imps
- Street Resurfacing Projects
- CSAH 74 Improvements
- Seal Coat Improvements
Central Park and Pan Addition Neighborhood Improvements (PDF)
This project includes reconstructing the streets, curb and gutter, sidewalks, sanitary sewer, water main and storm drain improvements in the Central Park and Pan Addition neighborhoods (area between 29th and 33rd Avenue North from the BNSF to 9th Street North).
This project includes resurfacing 7th Street North from 12th to 25th Avenue North.
7th Street South and Washington Memorial Drive Mill and Overlay (PDF)
This project includes resurfacing 7th Street South from 9th Avenue South to Washington Memorial Drive and Washington Memorial Drive from TH 23 to University Drive.
This project consists of seal coating the following areas:
- 9th Avenue South/Clearwater Road from 4th Street South to 33rd Street South.
- East St. Germain Street from Mississippi River to TH 10.
- University Drive from CSAH 75 to the Mississippi River.
- Area between Cooper Avenue South and County Road 136 and between 33rd and 40th Street South.
- Parking lot behind 3316 - 3rd Street North.