Road Construction Projects
Every year the City of St. Cloud adopts a Capital Improvements Program to identify potential future projects.
A year prior to proposed construction in a neighborhood, the city holds an informal public informational meeting. The Engineering Department staff provides an overview of the proposed improvements. The residents have an opportunity to ask questions and provide their input regarding the need for the improvements, the scope of the project or raise a particular point of concern. After receiving the feedback from residents at the informational meeting, Engineering staff prepares a report and cost estimate for the project and forwards this to the City Council for their review. The City Council then schedules a public hearing to consider the merits of the proposed improvements.
Current Projects - 2024
The following projects are proposed to be accomplished in 2024.
The City will be resurfacing approximately 14 miles of bituminous streets in 2024.
The project includes a neighborhood revitalization project for 30th and 32nd Avenue North from 10th to 12th Street North and 11th Street North between 29th and 33rd Avenue North. This is a continuation of the neighborhood projects that were accomplished in 2018 and 2019. This project would be the third phase of a larger area that is currently programmed to be reconstructed in the upcoming years.
The project includes a bituminous resurfacing project along University Drive from CSAH 75/Roosevelt Road to 1st Avenue South, along with a utility and bituminous street reconstruction along the portion from Kilian Boulevard to 15th Avenue SE.
The project includes replacement of the expansion joints and glands, sealing the surface cracks on the deck, replacement of the coating system on the metal railings and improvements related to the protection of critical infrastructure installed under the deck of the bridge.
MnDOT is the lead agency for this project which will be constructed during 2023 and 2024. This project will:
- Reconstruct the Highway 10 and 23 interchange area:
- Rebuild the Highway 23 bridge(s) over Highway 10
- Reconfigure on/off ramps to improve motorist traffic flow and safety
- Reconstruct both directions of Highway 10 between 15th Avenue SE and Benton Drive, includes turn lanes, shoulders and entrances
- Reconstruct both directions of Highway 23 from east of Wilson Avenue SE near the pedestrian overpass to east of Benton County Road 1, includes turn lanes, shoulders and entrances
- Update signal systems at Highway 23 and Lincoln Avenue; Highway 10 and E St. Germain Street; and Highway 23 and Division Street E/14th Avenue SE
- Construct a noise wall along the south side of Highway 23 and east of 14th Avenue SE
- Replace or repair underground drainage structures and city utilities
- Construct a new City of St. Cloud Fourth Street SE bridge to span Highway 10 and connect the east and west Highway 10 frontage roads
- Update and provide safer pedestrian and bicyclist crossings and trails/walks within the area
For more information and to sign-up for construction email updates, visit the St. Cloud interchange project webpage at www.mndot.gov/d3/stc.
This project includes includes full depth resurfacing of Saukview Drive from Ridgewood Road/CSAH 134 to Old Highway 52, including resurfacing Hoffman Court, Saukview Court and the Pineview Park parking lot.