- We believe that service to the public is our reason for being and strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner.
- We believe that fiscal responsibility and the prudent stewardship of public funds is essential for citizen confidence in government.
- We believe that ethics and integrity are foundation blocks of public trust and confidence and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values.
- We believe that citizens are the owners of the city, that the Fire Department members work for the owners, and that all citizens are to be treated with the greatest of courtesy and respect.
- We believe that open and honest communication is essential for an informed and involved citizenry and to foster a positive working environment for employees.
- We believe that continuous improvement is the mark of professionalism and are committed to applying this principle to the services we offer and to the development of our employees.
- We believe that the very essence of leadership is to be visionary and to plan for the future.
- We believe in the importance of balancing individual, family, and organizational growth.
- We believe in a reasonable balance of personal risk versus the value of life and property, and will continually strive to limit the danger faced by our employees to those times when it is absolutely necessary.
- We believe in the value and promotion of teamwork.
- We believe in the empowerment and knowledge of our employees, through which the success of our organization becomes the success of ourselves.