Crime Victim Resource Information

Rights and Services for All Crime Victims

  1. You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call 651-201-7300, TTY: 651-205-4827. Outside the Twin Cities area call 888-622-8799, or go to the OJP website: 
  2. You have the right to request that the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  3. You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money that is court-ordered from the offender and paid to the victim).

If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the Crime Victim Justice Unit at 651-201-7310 or 800-247-0390

If you do not understand your rights or any of the information on this Crime Victim Information page, call one of the phone numbers listed and someone should be able to help you.

Victims of Domestic Assault

  1. You can ask the City or County Attorney to file a criminal complaint.
  2. You also have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order for Protection from domestic abuse. The order would include the following:
    1. An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse
    2. An order directing the abuser to leave your household
    3. An order preventing the abuser from entering your home (or a reasonable area around your home), school, business or place of employment
    4. An order awarding you or the other parent custody of/or visitation of your minor child or children
    5. An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor if the abuser has a court order to do so
  3. You have the right to notification if prosecution of the case is declined or criminal charges are dismissed.

Resources for Victims

Assistance with Orders for Protection:Anna Marie's Alliance320-253-6900 
Toll Free: 800-950-2203
AttorneysBenton County320-968-5175

Sherburne County763-765-4725

Stearns County320-656-3880

St. Cloud 320-255-7204
Domestic AbuseDay One Crisis Line866-223-1111
Economic & Social Well-being AssistanceTri-Cap320-251-1612
Toll Free: 888-765-5597
Food, Clothing & Financial AssistanceSt. Cloud Catholic Charities Emergency Services320-650-1550
Food Shelf: 320-229-4560;
Toll Free: 800-830-8254
ShelterAnna Marie's Alliance320-253-6900 
Toll Free: 800-950-2203
Shelter for Sexually Exploited & Trafficked WomenTerebinth Refuge320-828-7721
Crisis Line: 320-428-4707
Homeless ShelterPlace of Hope320-203-7881
Salvation ArmySt. Cloud Salvation Army320-252-4552
Domestic Abuse SupportRivers of Hope (Monticello)763-295-3433
MN Adult Abuse Reporting CenterMAARC844-880-1574
Sexual Assault Information & Service LocationsMNCASA
24-Hour Crisis Intervention Agency for any form of Sexual ViolenceCentral MN Sexual Assault Center320-251-4357
Toll Fee: 800-237-5090
Human ServicesBenton County320-968-5087

Sherburne County763-765-4000

Stearns County320-656-6000

St. Cloud320-255-7217
Child Response Initiative (CRI)Child Response Initiative (CRI)320-247-3701
24-Hour Free & Confidential Information on Health and Human ServicesUnited Way 211 or United Way of Central MN211 or 800-543-7709
Custody Status InformationMN VINE (Victim Information & Notification Everyday)Toll Free: 877-664-8463
JailsBenton County Jail320-968-8180

Sherburne County Jail763-765-3500

Stearns County Jail320-259-3760
Tri-County Victim Services:Stearns County Attorney Victim Services320-656-3880

Benton County Attorney Victim Services320-968-5182

Sherburne County Attorney Victim Services763-765-4756
Toll Free: 800-433-5244
Free 24/7 Care for Children & Support for FamiliesSt. Cloud Area Crisis Nursery
Short-term, emergency-based service to assist families with temporary child careSherburne County Crisis Nursery763-765-4000
Toll Free: 800-433-5239
Mental Health Crisis LineCentral MN Mental Health Center320-253-5555
Toll Free: 800-635-8008
Central MN Mental Health Centers:St. Cloud320-252-5010


Elk River763-441-3770
Sex Education and ResourcesPlanned Parenthood320-252-9504

Pregnancy Resource Center320-253-1962
Veterans ServicesVREC (Veteran Resource & Enrichment Center)320-204-5660

St. Cloud Stand Down320-774-1892

St. Cloud VA Medical Center320-252-1670

Benton County Veterans Services320-968-5044

Sherburne County Veterans Services763-765-3100

Stearns County Veterans Services320-656-6176