Whitney Senior Center COVID-19 Information
|Question||Answer / Information|
|Is Whitney Senior Center closed?||
• The Whitney Senior Center building was closed to the public on March 16 to slow the transmission of Covid-19.
• The Whitney Senior Center office is open and available by telephone Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 320-255-7245.
|How do I stay in touch with what is going on at Whitney Senior Center?||
• There are three main ways to stay informed with activities and information at Whitney Senior Center:
Our Website: www.ci.stcloud.mn.us/whitney
Facebook: CityofStCloudMNAgingServices (Click on Liked & Following)
Email Listserv - We would like to add your email to our list to keep you informed.
|Is Whitney Senior Center providing any programs?||
• YES! Paula Woischke the Program Coordinator is providing several classes that you can connect to virtually via your computer each week. Examples include Senior Yoga, Pilates, SAIL and enrichment classes.
• Watch our website or view weekly newsletter for updates. Click on the Calendar page or newsletter and there will be a Link to Zoom for fitness classes, humanities & education
|What about the AARP Tax Volunteer Services?||
• Tax services at Whitney Senior Center has been suspended temporarily. We do not know at this time whether Tax – Aide operations will start up again. Watch our website for updated information.
• The tax season has been extended until Wed. July 15.
For additional tax information:
IRS websites - Federal taxes www.irs.gov
MN taxes www.revenue.state.mn.us
or telephone 1-800-652-9094
• AARP volunteers are scheduled to prepare property tax/renter refunds on August 5 & 6th (8:00 am – noon / 1st come, 1st serve)
|I enjoy having lunch at Whitney Senior Center, is that available?||
• Having a noon meal at Whitney Senior Center is not an option at this time, however you can still access meals. Catholic Charities Senior Dining is making individually packaged meals that are then frozen and available for pick up. Please call them to pre-register for meals at 320-229-4584.
• Meals can be picked up at Whitney Senior Center on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at the east entrance, you can pick up multiple meals to have in your freezer. (Remember to call & register for meal pick-up 320-229-4584)
|If I have not had senior dining meals before can I start to receive them now?||
• Absolutely!! We encourage you to contact the Catholic Charities Senior Dining service to register and arrange for meal access. Please call them at 320-229-4584.
• Catholic Charities also offers Emergency Service Food Shelf with limited days of operation. Call 320-229-4560 for more information.
|Will the Whitney Liberty Garden open on time?||
• At this point we are expecting the garden to open on May 15, 2020 as planned. There is the opportunity for appropriate social distancing while gardening, we are confident you can plan your garden and start digging in the dirt on schedule.
• There are garden plots available, call our office for additional information (320-255-7245).
|Where is a good place to find additional information?||
• We have a state-wide service called Senior LinkAge Line that provides telephone information and referral to resources you may need. Their toll-free number is 1-800-333-2433.
• You can also find on-line a variety of services in the State of Minnesota at www.MinnesotaHelp.info
Additional Resource Sites:
www.health.state.mn.us (for accurate Covid-19 information)
United Way 211 (dial 211 on your telephone)
Stearns County (320) 656-6625
Benton County (651) 201-3920
Follow Our Facebook Page: CityofStCloudMNAgingServices (Click on Liked & Following then Share to share with your Facebook friends)