Projects May Include:
- Park Clean Ups
- Painting Projects
- Cleaning / Repairing Site Furnishings
- Graffiti / Vandalism Repair
- Planting Projects (Trees, flowers, etc)
- Special Events Staffing
How to Volunteer
To find out more about volunteering in your city, please contact the Park & Recreation Business Office by calling 320-257-5959, or by email
. We'll help match you with a great volunteer opportunity! Please see our volunteer policy below for requirements.
Once we have matched you to a park or event, we will work with you to arrange for any supplies or instructions you may need.
- All volunteers (individuals or a representative) must complete the Volunteer Application and Group/Organization/Event Waiver and Release of Liability.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have adequate adult supervision.
- Volunteers must report the date of their project to the Business Office at least one week in advance.
- In case of inclement weather, notification must be made of cancellation by the next business day.
- Once the project is completed, the total number of Volunteers and Hours must be reported to the Business Office.
- Shorts and open toe shoes are not allowed.
- Unless special arrangements are made, Park and Recreation Staff will not be available on-site for your volunteer project. In case of an emergency, please call 911.
- Proper tools will be provided for your project. Use of personal power tools/ladders, etc. is prohibited.
- Accidents/injuries occurring during your event need to be reported to the Business Office by the next business day.
- Task Guidelines must be followed, and can be found below.
Looking for a bigger committment? Check out our Adopt A Park Program