Building Moving Projects
A building mover licensed with the Minnesota Department of Transportation is required to move any building that is more than 16 feet wide by 20 feet long (per Minnesota Statute § 221.81). See the Minnesota Department of Transportation Building or House Mover webpage for more information on licensing and regulations.
Moving Permit Information
Permits shall become invalid unless the work is commenced within 180 days after its issuance, or if the work is suspended or abandoned for a period of 180 days after the time the work is commenced.
Moving Permit Application
Download the Moving Permit Application (PDF).
Departmental approvals from the city's Parks Department must be approved and signed prior to submitting a Moving Permit Application to the Building Safety Department. It is the applicant's responsibility to get departmental approvals.
Moving Permit Fees
- $17 for the first 400 square feet
- $11 for each additional 400 square feet
Additional Permits Required
Separate, additional permits are required for:
- Any demolition work being done - See Demolition Projects
- Moving a building to a new location within the city of St. Cloud - See Residential Projects or Commercial Projects
- Plumbing disconnects - See Plumbing Projects