Crime Prevention DefinitionThe most widely accepted definition of crime prevention is: the anticipation, recognition and appraisal of a crime risk and the initiation of some action to remove or reduce it.
Crime Prevention Goal
The goal of Crime Prevention is to maintain strong police-community relations through informational and education programs and services that positively influence the quality of life in our community by:
- Reducing crime or the fear of crime.
- Increasing the knowledge of citizens in "pro-active" crime prevention strategies.
- Training the community in a wide-array of crime prevention approaches.
- Providing home and business security assessments.
- Encouraging and training citizens to participate in "Watch" activities.
Crime Prevention Training and Education
Training and education sessions are offered to the public at no charge as a public service. They can be modified to fit the individual need of your group, organization or business. They can be presented at a location of your choosing or we can arrange to use a training room at the police department. We recommend a minimum of 6 to 10 attendees and require advance notice to schedule a session. Refer to the Contact Us information listed to the right to inquire about training and education sessions.
Popular topics include but are not limited to: Personal Safety; Identity Theft; Cons, Frauds & Scams; Counterfeit Detection; Drug Awareness & Education; Burglar Proofing Your Residence; Safety in The Workplace; How to Work With the Police and Community Watch Programs.