From the 1930s to Today
The WSC has been offering programs and services to adults age 55 and better in the St. Cloud area since 1977. These programs enrich peoples lives and provide opportunities for healthy vital activities in the 'Third Age.'
1930s - Whitney family donates land to City of St. Cloud for an airport
1946 - Main hanger and office area for Van's Air Service were built (now Clemens Hall).
1977 - Whitney Senior Center opens after funds from grants are received to renovate the main hanger building.
1980 - National Weather Service building renovated into a woodworking shop.
1986 - Addition of East Wing to building for meeting rooms and classrooms.
1991 - Third Age University begins.
1995 - West Wing and new office area built and WACOSA Senior Program gets permanent space. Recreation Center and walking track attached to WSC
2000 - WSC joins Community Service Department of the City of St. Cloud.
2007 - WSC becomes part of the City of Saint Cloud's new Department of Aging Services along with the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP).