Youth Baseball / Softball
NEW! MLB Pitch, Hit and Run Competition (Boys and Girls ages 7-14)
Test your baseball skills! St. Cloud Park and Recreation, along with the local area Jaycees, are hosting Major League Baseball’s “Pitch, Hit and Run” competition for boys and girls, ages 7-14. Winners in each category, plus an all-around champion, will move on to a sectional competition. Boys and girls will compete together in each of the following age groups: 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, (age by July 17th). Pre-registration is not required but recommended. Pre-register online, or the day of the event, starting at 9:30am. For more information, visit www.mlb.com/pitch-hit-run or call Steve at 650-3053.
|Saturday||5/4*||10am-1pm||Whitney Field C-2||Free|
*Rain Date: 5/11
Boys and Girls Youth Baseball Clinic
Start off summer ball with Jason Fischer, St. Cloud Technical and Community College Head Baseball Coach and his staff. The clinic will teach basic baseball skills that fit your child’s age level. This one-day camp will focus on throwing, catching, hitting and base running fundamentals necessary to play baseball.
|6-9||Thurs||6/6||9-10:30am||Whitney Field C-1||$10.00|
|10-13||Thurs||6/6||10:30am-12pm||Whitney Field C-1||$10.00|
Summer Baseball and Softball
- Tiny T's (Ages 4-5) - Intro to baseball. Skills taught include base running, throwing and hitting the ball from the tee.
- T Ball (Ages 5-6) - Continue your child's progress, and introduce having the ball pitched (by the coach) and outfield positions.
- Rookie League Baseball (Ages 6-9) - Focus on skill progression, develop a grip on the bat and batter's stance, introduce catching pop flies and throwing from a further distance. Games will be played once a week.
- Major League Baseball (Ages 9-12) - Players will begin pitching to each other, picking positions, and learning and developing advanced techniques. Games played once a week to 6 innings.
- Minor League Softball (Ages 8-10) - Skills including throwing, catching, batting, catcher's position and base running. Games played throughout the community.
- Major League Softball (Ages 10-12) - Advanced throwing, catching and batting skills as well as base running and game strategies covered. Games played throughout the community.
Minnesota Twins "Play Ball" Baseball & Softball Clinic
This free clinic, presented by the Minnesota Twins, Twins Community Fund and Great River Energy, provides hands-on instruction for boys and girls, ages 6-13. "Play Ball" is designed to teach basic fundamentals including hitting, fielding and throwing. Instructors include former players, coaches, scouts and teachers. The Twins organization provides safe, youth friendly equipment; please bring your own baseball or softball glove. Free event! Pre-registration has ended; register on site day of event. Call 650-3053 with any questions.
|6-9||Sat||7/20||10-11:30am||Whitney Field C-2|
|10-13||Sat||7/20||11:30am-1pm||Whitney Field C-2|
Cancellations or Rain-Outs
Please listen to WJON or call 255-7277 for cancellations or rain-outs; or check our Facebook page.
Rained Out? Know Now!
St Cloud Park and Recreation is now using RainedOut to notify our Youth Baseball/Softball participants of cancellations. If successful, we will roll this out to all of our programs.