The St. Cloud Police Department has actively been working to establish a community-oriented policing program in an effort to build relationships within the area. As a way of ensuring the safety of our family, friends and neighbors, the department looked to establish Community Outposts throughout neighborhoods known to have high crime rates.
November 28, 1956 -
February 18, 2015
The idea for the St. Cloud Rotary Richard C. Wilson Community Outpost originated from the Racine Wisconsin Police Department and was a new approach to protecting community members by moving into areas of high crime. Based on this model, the St. Cloud Police Department was able to research a location for the Department's 1st Community Outpost. The location of 600 13th Street South was chosen with the help of the Greater St. Cloud Public Safety Foundation. Currently, the Outpost is owned by the foundation and has been named in honor of the late St. Cloud Police Assistant Chief Richard C. Wilson, a strong advocate of community-oriented policing who succumbed to cancer on February 18, 2015.