Parking Information & Enforcement
The mission of the Parking Control Unit is to provide adequate parking control and general safety for pedestrians and vehicles through aggressive enforcement of the parking ordinances. Duties of the Parking Control Unit include, but are not limited to, routine parking enforcement, providing parking and traffic direction and large events, attending parking violation appeals hearings, picking up abandoned bicycles and assisting police officers as needed.
Parking Information, Maps & Ordinances
Please use the following links for specific topics and information.
Parking On Public Streets
Improper parking on public streets can lead to a citation. City ordinances prohibit stopping, standing and/or parking a vehicle in the following places:
- On a sidewalk.
- Within an intersection.
- In front of a public or private driveway including parking to encroach upon the radius of the driveway.
- Within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
- On a crosswalk.
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk.
- In front of or in any alley.
- Within 30 feet of a stop sign.
City of St. Cloud Land Development Code requires the parking on private property be in compliance with City ordinances. Some rules to keep in mind when parking on private property.
- You may not park on grass, dirt or gravel.
- All parking within the front yard must be located on a driveway or driveway approach and must be on an improved all-weather surface.
- Vehicles may not block sidewalks or public streets.
- Parking is permitted within the side and rear yards provided that all parking is on an improved all-weather surface and meets the setback requirements of the Land Development Code.
- Improved all-weather surfaces are concrete, brick, blacktop or asphalt.
Licensed vehicles that are parked on unimproved surfaces on private property will be issued citations immediately by Parking Enforcement.
Unlicensed or "Junked" Vehicles
Inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicles shall not be parked, kept or stored on any premises and no vehicle shall at any time be in a state of major disassembly, disrepair or in the process of being stripped or dismantled.
To report unlicensed or "junked" vehicles on a public street contact the St. Cloud Police Department at 320-251-1200.
To report unlicensed or "junked" on private property, contact the St. Cloud Health & Inspections Department at 320-255-7214.
If you suspect a vehicle has been abandoned on a public street, contact the St. Cloud Police Department at 320-251-1200. An officer will be dispatched to place a tow tag on the vehicle. The officer will return after a 48-hour period and if the vehicle has not been moved, the officer will impound the vehicle.
If you suspect a vehicle has been abandoned on private property, contact the St. Cloud Health and Inspections Department at 320-255-7214.
Parking Control Unit
St. Cloud Police Department
101 11th Ave. N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.